SAIL RECEIVES FREE CONNECTIVITY FROM VODAFONE TO HELP TACKLE DIGITAL EXCLUSION IN DERBYSHIRE
SAIL today announced it will be using free connectivity, via Vodafone’s charities.connected initiative, to tackle digital exclusion in Derbyshire.
SAIL will use the connectivity to:
· Support SAIL’s service users and their families in connecting to others, reducing isolation, when experiencing financial hardship.
· Allow services users to access the internet and utilise all of Vodafones services.
· To allow SAIL to utilise internet services more, such as resources on the website and via email, if more people have access to the internet.
· To improve connectivity between SAIL and clients through social media.
· Allow quicker referrals, assessments and feedback information to be sent if clients are able to access emails.
· Text message reminders, where requested, to clients as all will have access to a mobile service.
· Allow more remote services within SAIL, either via the phone or online.
The connectivity is set to benefit a large number of people in Derbyshire.
Vodafone’s charities.connected initiative is open to any registered charity that would benefit from free connectivity, either to improve its digital capability, extend its services or help the individuals and families it supports get online. Registered charities across Derbyshire can apply for the free connectivity, in the form of SIM cards with 20GB data a month, plus free calls and texts, for six months [here].
Charity quote: Ruth (director) at SAIL said “e.g. Whilst we’ve faced challenges during the pandemic, we’ve also realised the huge benefits that digital technology and connectivity can bring, enabling us to reach more people and provide them with much-needed support. This free connectivity via Vodafone’s charities.connected initiative will help us continue this work and will also support our other projects which aim to tackle digital exclusion such as our accredited helpline service and our online peer support groups.”
Emma Reynolds, Head of Communications, Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs at Vodafone UK said:
“We are committed to tackling digital exclusion. We hope that by providing free connectivity to [add charity name] and the other amazing charities across the UK who have such an enormous impact on their local communities, we can help create a more inclusive digital society. We urge any organisation who thinks they can benefit to apply online and look forward to hearing how this connectivity has helped.”
Vodafone’s charities.connected initiativeis part of its commitment to tackle digital exclusion and connect one million people by the end of 2022.
For more information, please contact:
SAIL via telephone: 01246 559889
Via email: email@example.com